SEBI/HO/OIAE/IGRD/CIR/P/2019/86 August 02, 2019
All Intermediaries registered with SEBI (except Stock Brokers and Depository Participants)
All recognized Stock Exchanges
All recognized Commodity Exchanges
All Mutual Funds
All Alternate Investment Funds
Sub: Streamlining issuance of SCORES Authentication for SEBI registered intermediaries
1. Please refer to Circular No. CIR/OIAE/1/2014 dated December 18, 2014 where-in SEBI had directed all listed companies and SEBI registered intermediaries (excluding Stock Brokers and Depository Participants) to send their details as per Form-A and Form-B respectively, annexed to the said Circular, to SEBI in hard copy and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain SCORES user id and password.
Any existing or new listed company or SEBI registered intermediary, not having SCORES user id and password were also required to obtain the same.
2. In partial modification of the abovementioned circular, the generation of SCORES user id and password has been automated for all new SEBI registered intermediaries. This has been done to streamline the process of providing SCORES credentials in the interest of investors.
3. SCORES user id and password details shall be sent to all new SEBI registered intermediaries, through an auto-generated e-mail, upon completion of process of online grant of registration by SEBI.
4. The SCORES user id and password details shall be sent to the e-mail id of the Contact Person/Compliance Officer as provided in the online Registration Form. In view of the same, newly registered intermediaries are no longer required to submit Form-B, as provided in Circular No. CIR/OIAE/1/2014 dated December 18, 2014, to SEBI.
5. The primary e-mail address in SCORES is the e-mail ID where all notifications related to SCORES complaints are sent to the SEBI registered intermediary. All existing and new SEBI registered intermediaries will now be able to update their primary e-mail address and registered address on their own.
6. All listed companies will continue to follow the process, as provided in CIR/OIAE/1/2014 dated December 18, 2014, for obtaining SCORES user id and password.
7. This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
Investor Grievance Division
Office of Investor Assistance and Education
Tel No. 022 26449312
Email id – email@example.com