SEBI/HO/MRD/DSA/CIR/P/2016/113 October 19, 2016
All Recognised Stock Exchanges, All Recognised Clearing Corporation, All Depositories.
Dear Sir / Madam,
Subject: Facilitating transaction in Mutual Fund schemes through the Stock Exchange Infrastructure
(1) SEBI vide circular no. CIR/MRD/DSA/32/2013 dated October 04, 2013 had permitted mutual fund distributors to use recognised stock exchanges’ infrastructure to purchase and redeem mutual fund units directly from Mutual Fund/Asset Management Companies.
(2) In order to broad base the reach of this platform, it has been decided to allow SEBI Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) to use infrastructure of the recognised stock exchanges to purchase and redeem mutual fund units directly from Mutual Fund/Assets Management Companies on behalf of their clients, including direct plans.
(2) The other provisions of the above mentioned circulars remain unchanged.
(3) This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
(4) This circular is also available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in
Deputy General Manager
Email: [email protected]