SEBI/HO/IMD/DF6/CIR/P/2020/92 June 04, 2020
All Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs)
All Venture Capital Funds (VCFs)
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub: Relaxation in compliance with requirements pertaining to AIFs and VCFs
- In light of market events due to CoVID-19 pandemic, SEBI, vide Circular No. SEBI/HO/IMD/DF1/CIR/P/2020/58, dated March 30, 2020, extended the due date for regulatory filings for AIFs and VCFs for the periods ending March 31, 2020 and April 30, 2020.
- A need has been felt to further extend the timelines for regulatory filings for AIFs and VCFs.
- Accordingly, AIFs and VCFs may submit the regulatory filings for the months ending March, April, May and June 2020, as applicable, on or before August 07, 2020.
- This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and shall come into force with immediate effect.
- This Circular is available on SEBI website at sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and under the drop down “Circulars” and “Info for – Alternative Investment Funds”.
Sanjay Singh Bhati
Deputy General Manager